A new Singapore tech start-up, SMARTMISSIMO, brings us the world’s first sports muscle stimulator that promises to boost recovery, enhance performance, and continuously improve muscle capability even when you're not working out. Introducing the PowerDot Muscle Stimulator PD01.
WHAT IT DOES
PowerDot works by using Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS), which sends small currents of electricity through your target muscle groups to enhance bloodflow and stimulate small contractions in your muscles by mimicking the electrical impulses your brains sends to your muscles. Don’t worry, the currents being sent through your muscles are minute and are in no way harmful or unpleasant feeling.
The product consists of electrode pads attached to various parts of your body, and a lightweight pod that connects to an application on your phone through Bluetooth. There are eight different settings which will perform different stimulations for your muscle groups. You are able to select the muscle groups through the application.
Here are the eight functions:
1. Endurance: This mode helps improve your performance in sporting events that require improved stamina.
2. Resistance: Helps your body tolerate intense exercises.
3. Strength: If you're into weightlifting, or strength-focused sports, this mode helps to improve performance.
4. Explosive strength: If you're doing exercises that require bursts of strength or speed, this mode is the one for you to try.
5. Maximum speed: This is a mode for sprinters or athletes who need rapid energy boosts.
6. Active recovery: Best used two hours after a workout or a competition, this mode aids muscle recovery rates and reduces an onset of muscle soreness.
7. Potentation: For times where you need an immense boost of strength, for example, prior to a competition, the potentation mode readies your muscles for maximum exertion.
8. Massage: After a workout, this helps reduce fatigue, relax your muscles and eliminate toxins from your bloodstream.
HOW TO USE IT
The first time you use PowerDot, you start by choosing your target training programme, as well as determine what muscle groups you would like to train in the app. After you do so, apply the electrodes to the specified muscle groups. When you use the app to engage in a training session, you should up the power until your muscles start tingling, and you experience a comfortable contraction. If it hurts, you're doing it incorrectly, and should stop the workout.
One of the biggest advantages of PowerDot is its portability. Its small and compact design allows you to bring it almost everywhere and even wear it under your clothes while in the office or when you're running around outside so you can use this product anywhere before or after a workout. Its lightweight design also makes it a great travel companion!
WHO SHOULD USE IT
Every athlete or gym enthusiast can use PowerDot. It is particularly useful if you engage in competitions, or workout extremely often. The modes are to be used anytime between two to five times a week, which compliments the sessions you put in every week to help you recover faster and enhance your results.
Recommended Articles For You
Let Glenn van der Veen of UFit show you the way to bigger arms.
We evaluate BSN's premier mass gainer which promises 1230 calories per serving.
For when looking like a tank isn't your desired goal.
- February 28, 2017
- Beatrice Bowers